Holmium Laser Vaporization of the Prostate
Holmium Laser Vaporization of the Prostate (HoLVP) is a safe and effective BPH treatment option that provides immediate symptom relief with few complications6.
The holmium laser penetrates just enough to precisely and quickly vaporize tissue without causing deeper thermal injury, coagulation necrosis or collateral damage7.
HoLVP is a virtually bloodless, out-patient procedure that offers quick recovery time and a rapid return to normal activity7.
HoLVP Is Durable At 7 Years
HoLVP Results Are Comparable to TURP
High Power Holmium Ideal for BPH
The holmium laser penetrates just enough to precisely and quickly vaporize tissue without causing deeper thermal injury, coagulation necrosis or collateral damage
- Tan A, et al. Long-term Results of High-power Holmium Laser Vaporization (Ablation) of the Prostate., BJU International, 92:707-9, 2003
- Mottet N, et al. Randomized Comparison of Transurethral Electroresection of Holmium:YAG Laser Vaporization for Symptomatic Benign Hyperplaysia. J Endo, 13:127-120, Mar 1999
- Kruntz RM. Current Role of Lasers in the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Eur Urol, 49:961-969, Jun 2006
- Gilling, et al. Use of Holmium Laser in the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. J Endo, 10(5):459-461, Oct 1996
- The Canadian Journal of Urology, Oct 2007, Dr. Derek Matoka & Dr. Timothy Averch
- American Urological Association Guideline: Management of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), 2010
- Tholomier C, Valdivieso R, Hueber P-A, Zorm KC. Photoselective laser ablation of the prostate: a review of the current 2015 tissue ablation options. Can J Urol 2015;22(Suppl 1):45-52
PB-2007840 rev A